Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hello Dolly

I just felt like I needed to acknowledge that a major storm was hitting the continental US and I have an uncle that lives in that area and is probably getting more rain than he knows what to do with. No rain here yet in Nashville though. My yard needs the water.

Yesterday was 12 miles with 8 hill repeats and it was 82 degrees at 530a. Needless to say, it was hot but I did the workout and was glad to get it done. It is a little cooler here today and is supposed to be in the low 60s in the morning so I am moving my long run for the week to tomorrow. It will be in the 16-18 mile range and Fri. I head to MS for an event and back on Sat. night. Another airplane. Sure beats driving though.

Morgan's soccer practices seem to be going pretty well and Shelbi started her back half of summer job at the Mother's Day Out at First Donelson. She was fairly bored yesterday I think. I reminded her that she needs the money for college in about 6 weeks. Speaking of college, it is expensive. We are used to paying tuition since the girls have been in private school since Morgan entered the 5th grade, but this college thing is definitely a step up. I may invest in a ski mask and visit one of the local banks before it is all over. (Just a joke for any FBI/CIA folks lurking out there in blogosphere.)

Sondra is still wonderful and last night she attempted my dad's recipe for spaghetti and meat balls. They were pretty good, however, dad still wins the prize. She did very good for the first attempt though.

Sondra's dad had a CT scan yesterday and we will know more after his dr. appt. tomorrow. Praying that God is just Himself in this whole situation. Also, pray for Phil Blount, Sondra's brother-in-law, who is doing missions in Brazil this week.

It is good to be home in Nashville.

No comments: