Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heat

I really enjoy running in the heat when the humidity is as high or higher than the temp. Okay, not really, but my theory is that if I can run well in the heat, then come this fall when the marathon is here, I will run that much better. Maybe the heat gets to my head and I am delusional. Yesterday's 10-miler with 8x800s was nothing but brutal. I was glad to finish what was on the schedule and live to tell about it. I have an 18-miler scheduled for Friday.

I have been in a two day meeting with folks who are working on the issue of people dropping out of church and many of them beginning that trend at about age 14. How do we reverse the trend of 70% of people stop attending the church for at least a year and few of them return. We are hashing through some tough stuff and are working towards solutions. I am praying that we can get at this in a way that will really reverse the trend.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

yeah...eighteen miles...wow.

on a way "cooler" topic, the conversation you guys are having sounds very interesting. will be praying for you all.