Saturday, July 12, 2008

Busy Week at Glorieta

I just realized that I have not updated this crazy blog for a week now. Please forgive me those two or three folks who read this thing. I flew out to Glorieta, NM on Monday and have been involved with FUGE all week doing the adult training tracks and leading a couple bible studies and meeting with youth ministers. That is the favorite part of my job for sure.

My dad flew out here on Weds and I just sent him back to MO a couple of hours ago. We had a great time together. He is just the coolest man I know and the coolest thing is that he is my dad. We laughed and prayed and cried a little together just remembering my mom. He is doing really well since mom passed in December. What a blessing he is to me.

Shelbi turned 18 today. It is hard to believe that 18 years ago (I was at camp in Panama City Beach with about 150 students), I caught a plane and made it home two hours before she was born. What a blessing she has been these last 18 years. What a godly young woman she is and thankfully she takes after Sondra. Shelbi will fly out here on Tues. and be with me until Fri. We will have a great time together.

I get home on the 19th just in time for a big 18th birthday party soire' for Shelbi. Should be great fun.

Pray for a couple of friends of mine. Shelbi Baucum in Dallas is one of my best friends and I need to call him but he has been on my mind a lot today. Another friend, Don Baskin, had a lung transplant a couple of days ago. I appreciate you praying for them. And . . . Sondra's dad had another chemo round on Thursday and will be preaching tomorrow. He loves to preach and this is the first opportunity he has had where he has felt well enough to do it in awhile. For his spiritual and physical strength.

No comments: