Monday, July 21, 2008

Monday, Monday

. . . can't trust that day, or so the old song goes. I woke up this morning at 415a ready to head out for the YMCA and to join my old running buddies and my body said, "hold on there mister." I ended up back in bed for awhile and slept a little longer. I was just pretty worn out for sure. I am trying to fight off a summer cold that I think I picked up from that nice American Airline recycled air on Saturday.

Today would have been mom's 66th birthday. I do not think that is contributing to my sort of slower than usual feeling day, but it may be that more than I am willing to admit. This is the first birthday that mom has missed in the last 66 years and the first one I have not talked to her in 45. I talked to dad this morning and he had been up to the cemetery to place some flowers on her grave and he said his dog watered most of the area around the place. I am sure that was some fine water.

Sondra and I went out on a date last night and hate dinner at Panera and then went and saw the Dark Knight. Pretty good movie I must say. Heath Ledger was great as the Joker and it was weird to watch knowing that he died this past spring or whenever it was. It is too sad that he could not keep his life together.

Sondra's dad has a CT scan this week and we will know more if the chemo is working. He has been feeling pretty well and we are thankful for that. Thanks for praying for him and Sondra's mom and I will post the update on the news we receive.

It is good to be home! I posted the pic of my mom doing what she did best which was to be ornery.

No comments: