Friday, July 18, 2008

Friday Update

It is Friday morning and I have already made a drive to Albuquerque to put Shelbi on a plane bound for Nashville via Chicago. We had a great time together this week at Glorieta. She just jumped in and helped staff around here, played paint ball, helped in a Bible study each day and generally just acted like a staffer.

I ended up doing my 10 miles yesterday around 10a and included in the training program was 8 hill repeats. There are good hills out here and no oxygen in the air so needless to say, I got a pretty good workout. This is my last day at FUGE here in Glorieta and it is a little sad to be leaving.
The team that I am working with is just a great team. I do have to say that I am ready to go home however. I have been home about 14 hours in the last three weeks.

A couple of nights ago we had one of the most awesome storms I have ever seen or heard. More lightning than I had ever seen and thunder that shook the apartment we are staying in. It was awesome!

Looking forward to being home for a few days.

No comments: