Saturday, July 26, 2008

Jackson, MS and Beyond

It was a good trip to Jackson, MS. I flew in Fri. night after a delay in Detroit and enjoyed a good dinner and a decent night's rest. Sat morning it was off to do the training at FBC, Ridgeland which went really well. I have a great job where I get to encourage people to be all that God wants them to be. I got home via Memphis and Northwest Airlines about 9pm.

Sunday was a busy day to say the least. We had a our normal church activities and Sondra and the girls sang in church, "I'll Fly Away". I was pretty proud and the pastor asked why I did not make it a quartet and I answered that the answer to that question was pretty obvious. They do the singing, I do the speaking when needed. They sing well and I am in the "joyful noise" category. The bible study lesson in our small group was on Heaven and it was a great discussion. What a great class of folks we have who just honestly share what they are dealing with and how God is answering their needs. It is very encouraging and refreshing to me.

Sunday afternoon we headed to a wedding that required I wear a suit and tie and even socks. It was a beautiful wedding in very nice stone chapel and the reception was very nice. I ended up with a role in the wedding when the bride's dress dragged the runner into a bunch in the aisle that the wedding party could not get past easily. I picked up the end of the runner and walked right out of the back of the chapel like it was all planned. Glad I could contribute.

Looking forward to a good week. We got a pretty good report from Sondra's parents and it appears that the chemo is working and the lesion on his liver is shrinking. Yeah! and thank you Lord.

No comments: