Wednesday, September 19, 2007

After Weekend Update

We had a great weekend with my mom and dad. It is clear that mom is very sick but it is also evident that she has an incredible grip on all that is going on. The tumor in her brain is very active and the pain can be considerable at times. She never complains however. The medication she is currently taking seems to help alot.
Sondra and the girls made it to mom and dad's Sunday morning and we had a great time. My brother and his wife and I took the girls fishing for a couple of hours on Sunday afternoon which was big fun. It rained on us a little but we had a good time. We caught 4-5 fish between us so the catching was not too good but the fishing was fun and the girls were a hoot.

Leaving mom yesterday morning was pretty tough for all of us. Sondra and the girls were sort of saying their goodbyes for now. I am headed back up to KC in a little over a week to stay for the weekend and give my dad and brother a little break.

Pray that mom's pain will not be too great. She is an incredible testimony to us all.

In other news, we are all doing good. Shelbi's volleyball won their district match last night and she plays again on Thurs. and Morgan plays soccer as well on Thurs. My brother and I have decided that we are getting shirts printed on the front that say, "I'm fine" to answer the question before we are asked. People have been so gracious and kind to us during this time. My dad is doing really well too and is an incredible caregiver to my mom.
Thanks for praying.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul. You can't tease me like that man. Not cool ;-) No, seriously. I think I will wait until the 25th.

On a more serious note, thanks again for the update on your mom. We will continue to pray for her and your dad and family.

Congrats to the Girls! That's so awesome!! Man, we definitely have got to get to a game....