Monday, September 10, 2007

Mom's PT Scan Results

Mom got the results from the PT scan she took on Friday and unfortunately it was pretty grave news. It seems that the cancer has spread to her lungs and there appears to be another spot on her brain as well. As of now, the doctor estimates about 6 weeks to 3 months. The cancer is very aggressive and radiation would only slow it down some. They are most concerned about her lungs right now and seem to think that the course of the cancer will attack her bones and liver.

It talked to mom tonight and she is one incredible lady. I told her that whatever she decided to do was more than fine with me. My dad and brother of the same opinion. I would never want her to go through any treatment that she really would not want to do. I think at this point she is deciding not to have any further treatment.

I told her again that I was disappointed that the cancer has returned, but I am not discouraged. I am planning on going to Missouri on Weds. and being there for a few days. Sondra, Shelbi and Morgan will come up on Saturday if all goes as planned.

I would ask you to pray for my mom that she would not experience great pain. Her faith is incredibly strong. Pray for my dad. He told me that it is an honor to take care of my mom. Pray for my brother and his wife. Pray for my family as well. These are not fun days, but are days that we will walk through completely trusting that God knows what He is doing. Thanks for praying.

No comments: