Friday, September 21, 2007

Sports Update

Shelbi and Morgan both played last night and both got key team wins. Now that we are in district play all of these games are pretty important. I have to tell you that as a dad it is big fun to watch the girls participating in sports. Actually, I just enjoy watching them do just about anything.

Shelbi heads off rappelling this weekend with her senior class and the rest of us are looking forward to staying around the house. I am going to try and get Sondra to the cinema to see the latest Bourne movie. The girls and I have seen it already but Sondra needs to see it as well.

Mom had a pretty good day yesterday and she is supposed to be at her school this afternoon for the kids and teachers to see her. They had hoped to have a big retirement reception but have opted for a softer get-together the last hour of school. It should be a good time for mom and the kids and teachers. My mom has influenced so many lives through her teaching years. I know it has to be very rewarding for her.

My brother got to see his oldest son yesterday after many years. It appears that the relationships with my brother's kids are moving the right direction and we are very thankful for this blessing.

Thanks for praying for my mom and dad. I hope to include a picture of my mom later today or tomorrow so you can see who you are praying for. Thanks again.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul, i need to make a phone call (in regards to crowder). one moment.

And, that is so awesome about your mom being able to get out to the school and all. Very cool.