Tuesday, September 4, 2007

44 Today

Today is my 44th birthday. In some ways it is hard to believe that I am 44. Not that 44 is old, but it is older than I ever imagined myself. I always see myself younger than I actually am it seems. For some reason, I think of myself as being younger all the time. I do not think I dread growing older, it just seems to just happen.

I am not one that struggles with mid-life crises either. I have no desire to unbutton my shirt and expose gray, chest hair or buy a sports car. I think if I could just master being a good husband and dad, then I would be content. I guess I fear that I will grow too old to really be good at those things. I am some what of a slow learner I guess.

Sondra took me to her favorite place to eat today for my birthday. I enjoy eating there but I love being with her. A really good birthday present for me is just getting to spend time with her. We have volleyball tonight and then home for some lasagna and german-chocolate cake. Sounds good to me. I am hoping for an iTunes card and maybe a new shirt. Makes no difference really. The flat screen tv would be great since our good tv died, but I sure am not holding my breath on that one. When it comes right down to it, the older tv we have works just fine.

My sister-in-law and I share the same birthday but she is a year older than me. Happy Birthday Bronwyn if you happen to read the blog.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Holy Cow! Happy Birthday!!! So would you like me to just deliver some Panera at work or would you settle for a gift card!? haha....love you brother.