Friday, October 3, 2008

Go to Bed Already

It is pretty crazy late for a guy like me but for some reason I am not ready to give up on this Angels/Red Sox game yet. It has been a really good day starting out with a nice, cool 5-miler and then I had to take my car for an oil change and tire rotation. I just left it at the shop and walked about 3-4 blocks to work.

Very productive day in the office and a great lunch at Demo's with Byron Hill. I am really appreciative of Byron, his take on life and work and family, and just enjoy listening and learning from him.

Tonight's DCA game was pretty exciting with DCA coming back in the 4th quarter to win by a touchdown. Our boys needed a win in the district and they overcame a sloppy quarter and a half and got the win.

Tomorrow Sondra and Morgan are headed to Jackson, TN and going to spend the day with Shelbi. I will be around the house most of the morning after a 7-miler with 5 at marathon pace, and then I got a ticket to the Vandy/Auburn game. It is the ESPN Game Day Central game and I will probably try to get down into some of that tomorrow. It should be a fun day and hopefully a great game. I am pulling for Vandy, but much more interested in the Mizzou/Cornhuskers game tomorrow night. Mizzou has not won there in like 20 years or something crazy like that.

The marathon training is going well and I am enjoying the cooler weather and the taper. I run two weeks from tomorrow in Kansas City and am looking forward to this one being over and hoping to qualify for Boston. Here is hoping I can run a 3:30. We shall see.

Headed to bed. The game is still going but I am out of gas.

No comments: