Sunday, October 19, 2008

Quick Marathon Report

It is Sunday afternoon and thought I would give you a quick update from the KC Marathon yesterday. Flew to KC on Thurs., my dad picked me up, we went by the race expo and picked up my packet. Drove home to Harrisonville and just hung out. Watched the BoSox come back for an exciting victory. Friday I was a slug and just pretty much laid around and did nothing but carbo load and . . . well, carbo load. Up early Sat. am to get ready for the race and drive to KC (about 45 minutes), toe the line at 7a and run for 3 hours, 28 min, and 14 seconds officially. Good cool day to run and I had a good day. Qualified for Boston which was the goal. Headed to my brothers to clean up and then on to Los Corrales for mexican food. It was awesome and I was plenty hungry. This mexican place is a restaurant we have been going to since I was a kid growing up in Independence. Man, it was good.

Dad and I headed back to Harrisonville and I just laid around again like a slug. I was tired but not totally trashed. Watch some of the Mizzou fiasco and some of the Red Sox game and went to bed about 930. Up early this morning, headed to church with my dad and had a great time in his sunday school class and then he preached a great sermon out of Psalm 32. I love to hear my dad preach. He is clear, easy to follow and full of passion. It was a great day of worship.

Titans move to 6-0 after and thumping of my Chiefs. I am a Chiefs fan at heart but really enjoy the home town Titans as well. The Chiefs are just pitiful.

Headed to San Diego in the morning for a series of meetings and then back to Nashvegas on Thurs. Missing home and family, but had a great time running KC and being with dad and my brother and sister-in-law. Speaking for dad tonight at his church since dad announced I was this morning in the service. Earning my keep I guess.

3 comments:

bblount said...

Glad you met your goal with the marathon. Yes, our Chiefs are PITIFUL....but we still love them...and your Titans are doing great despite beating up on KC. I guess your disappointed about the result of the Red Sox loss last night as well. It was fun to see how crazy-wild the Rays fans got...they were into that game...who can blame them.

pturner63 said...

I really wasn't too disappointed about the game. David Price pitched for Vandy and I saw him pitch many times in college and was really excited about him getting the save. Really big for him.

faithrunner said...

congrats on another Boston! you keep "running with endurance" all that you do! Thanks for the example and inspiration.