Thursday, October 23, 2008

Headed Home from San Diego

It has been a really good week in San Diego. It is hard to complain about having to come to this beautiful city. We had great meetings with the state sunday school youth associates. They are such a great group of people who are really interested in ministering to students in a way that helps them to come to know God, take ownership of their faith and make Him known. I so enjoy being with these folks.

I am ready to be home though. I had a great lunch with Mike Lovato from Magnolia Ave. up in Riverside and got to meet he and Nicole's new little daughter, Addison. She is a sweetie. Looks like her daddy but hopefully she will grow out of that.

Sondra is headed to MO today to be with her mom for a few days. It is Sondra's birthday on Sat. so that will be a special time for her with her mom. We will celebrate when she gets back home next week.

I am feeling pretty good since the marathon. Still a little tired but that may be due to the time change stuff I have put myself through the past couple of weeks with two CA trips with a marathon stuck in the middle. Still have been celebrating the race results from Sat. some at least in my mind. It is an amazing thing that God gives the ability to run. I also got to catch up with my good friend, Steve Elkins at the race. We toed the line together and parted about the half-marathon split area. He ended up running a 1:42 half I think. Good race for him. He had not done a ton of training and just recently got on with H&R Block which is great. Sprint laid him off back in the spring so I am glad he landed there. He is such a great guy. And a good friend for over 30 years.

Our volleyball Cats are playing tonight so I am planning on getting back in time for Morgan and I to drive down and see them play. I have only seen them play a couple of times this year since Shelbi is not playing anymore. She is all grown up and enjoying college. And . . . she got a spider bite last week at home on fall break and is dealing with that. Pretty funky looking bump on her leg and the doctor is treating her.

Enough from me right now. Pray for Sondra as she travels today.

No comments: