Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Catching Up

Morgan and I enjoyed a good weekend together. Saturday we did very little. I was tired from traveling and running a marathon and Morgan, well, she is 16. She is always tired. I mustered a 5-miler and then headed to Panera for a little coffee and bagel - minus Sondra :( - and then came back home with a chocolate pastry for Morgan, and watched football, did laundry, ate dinner with the Drummonds - amazing meal - and then headed to the Burden's for some homemade ice cream and cookies. A good Saturday.

Sunday was church and then Morgan and I caught a quick lunch at Cinco and then headed to the Belmont women's soccer game. Great game that Belmont won 3-2 in OT. It was absolutely beautiful here in middle Tennessee weather wise on Sunday but a cold front came through and the last two days have been sunny, but windy and cold. It will be good to have Sondra back tonight. She has really enjoyed her time with her mom, sister and niece, and today she went through Jackson and spent the afternoon with Shelbi. Got Shel some new glasses picked out and visited the dr. who has been treating Shel for a staph infection. It is looking good and finally getting better.

My dad has been having pretty bad trouble with his feet and legs and got to the dr. on Mon. and they figured out that the high powered antibiotics he has been on for his stomach has the side effect of affecting nerves. The meds were helping his belly but causing some nerve damage. Looks like it is all reversible and he is already feeling better.

I am playing nurse for Morgan tonight. She came home puny from school today and is in bed. Looks like a cruddy, head cold. I also met with a board of directors that I am on helping students get copies of Scripture. It is a subsidiary of the Gideon's International and I believe has great potential to bring about lasting change. It is a very eclectic group of men who I already have great respect and admiration for. Can't wait to see what God does with this ministry.

Sondra and I are spending the day tomorrow and then I head to Pittsburgh (brrrr) until Monday night. Back for a day or two and then off to Kansas and Missouri. This is a pretty busy time for sure.

I have included a fun picture of the girls when Morgan was in Jackson about a month ago. These two are a hoot!

No comments: