Wednesday, October 15, 2008

CA, AL, MO, CA

I got back from California Monday afternoon and enjoyed being at home in my own bed. Tuesday am I headed out to Birmingham along with our youth minister Justin, to teach a seminary class at the extension center in B'ham. It was a great time to spend with Justin and to listen and learn what God is up to in his life and the life of his family.

We met with Paul Kelly, one of my best friends, and enjoyed a great lunch and then some hang out time at Starbuck's and planning for the seminary class. We talked about all kinds of things including the sorry state of the whole political process and the candidates and did not settle anything. It was a long day but we taught for two hours and then climbed back in the car and made our way home in time to get involved in some fun construction traffic once we reached Nashville again.

Today has been good with enjoying the Career of Excellence Awards that LifeWay bestows on employees who have gone above and beyond. Ed and Chris are two of the recepients that I have had the privilege of leading during my tenure.

I got the hairs on my head cut and made my way to the chiropractor for a good realigning. Watching the debate tonight (not sure why) and then heading to KC tomorrow to be with my dad and then run the marathon on Sat.

Monday I am headed to San Diego to meet with some of our state youth associates. Tough place to go of course. Okay, so not really but am looking forward to being with them and some other youth ministers in the southern California area.

I am running little, waiting for the marathon and drinking lots of water, and starting the carbo loading. Praying for a good day on Sat. and running like the wind.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

thx again for birmingham and wednesday night. much appreciated.

and congratulations on the boston qualifier! good stuff :]