Monday, October 13, 2008

Back from Sacramento

It was a good trip to Sacramento for YS-NYWC where we worked many hours in the LifeWay Student Ministry booth and talked to some great student ministers. What a great job I have. I get to listen to and learn from people who work with students all over the country. I also get to share some of my story and the things God is teaching me.

Tomorrow I head to Birmingham to teach at the New Orleans Seminary extension there. It is a youth ministry class and we will look at curriculum and talk some student ministry philosophy as well. My youth minister, Justin Heap, is going to make the trip with me and I am totally stoked about spending time with him. He and his wife Trisha and baby O are such a blessing to us as a family and as a church.

Shelbi has found a guy she really seems to like and I have yet to meet him but I know Shelbi well and know that he must be a good guy. I do know that he is one lucky guy if he gets to hang out with Shelbi. I am going to get through my travels the next couple of weeks and make a road trip to Jackson to see Shelbi and meet Brett. I am not planning on taking my gun, but plans can always change.

It is marathon week and I flew back through Chicago today and there were many marathoners on the plane. I am praying for cool weather and a good running day. It is carbo week too since it is marathon week and come Thurs. or so I am going to feel pretty bloated and giddy, ready to run on Saturday.

Sondra's mom seems to be doing pretty well. Sondra is doing okay too. Times get hard when the house gets quiet and with me traveling the next two weeks, it will be somewhat quiet. Thanks so much for praying for them.

I am including a pic of one of my co-workers, Scott Mills, who is just a lot of fun to work with and be around. He is a dancing phenom too. Here he is working the booth in Sacramento.

No comments: