Saturday, August 30, 2008

I am glad to be at home this weekend and enjoying some time with just hanging out. I have some stuff that I could be doing on the outside but am content to just hang out. I completed my 20-miler yesterday and found it to be very humid and pretty warm before I finished. The good thing is that the 20-miler is done and I took the day off today. I may run a little tomorrow morning, but maybe not too.

We went to the DCA football game last night and our guys played hard but ran out of gas in the last half. We just need more bigger bodies. I think there are only 3 returning starters from last year's team. I have to tell you that I like the way our kids play, they just need some more bigger bodies.

I am watching a little college football today and looking to do some grilling tonight and maybe a little pool time this afternoon. We will see. It is pretty hot and humid here today so I may just hang out at home and be a bum. Planning on heading to church tomorrow and finish up with our young marrieds with no kids class tomorrow. What a great time we have had with them the last two years. We are joining another couple to start a college-aged class next week and are running a play where all the advertising for the class is through facebook. We will see how it goes. We have about 40 in that age bracket and about half of them are away at colleges, but the others are close so we are trying to keep everyone involved. It should be fun.

My birthday is next week but with many things going on including taking Shelbi to college and some travel on my part, we are going to celebrate on Monday. Hard to believe that I will be 45 on Thursday. Sometimes I feel younger than that but not usually after 20 milers.

Pray for Sondra's mom and dad. He had blood work done yesterday and has a couple of MRIs on Tuesday. Pray that all is going well inside of his body.

No comments: