Wednesday, August 20, 2008

All Things Considered . . .

I am not sure that this phrase really makes a lot of sense, since when most people use it in a sentence, they have not really considered all things. I catch myself using phrases (euphemisms) that I really do not mean, nor have I really thought through completely.

I had a very good conversation today that helped me remember the importance of not playing shell games or doing end runs. I operate best in environments where everything is up front and even if something is said that I do not like, at least I know what is going on. I can appreciate that and respect it as well, even if I do not like the outcome. I am thankful when the rules are known and the cards are played on the top of the table.

Morgan and her DCA women's soccer scrimmage went fair last night. Early in the first half, Morgan went down and from across the field it looked like her knee went out. Thankfully, it was her ankle and even though it is very sore, she is doing pretty good. My guess is that she will be out of soccer commission for a couple of weeks at most. Her team is pretty low on numbers and pretty high on injuries right now. Not a good combination for sure.

I have some travel coming up this weekend and into next week. I am leading conferences in MO so I will get to spend time with dad and also my brother and other extended family. Looking forward to that.

Pulling for Walsh-May/Treanor tonight in the beach volleyball finals and really enjoyed the men's USA/Serbia match today.

No comments: