Sunday, August 17, 2008

Eights Everywhere

Michael Phelps wins his 8th gold medal of the 08 Olympics and my mom passed away 8 months ago. I ate breakfast this morning at 8 o'clock and think I will count 8 rows from the back and sit in that pew at church today. Who knows why?

Looking forward to a good day at church and then Sondra and I may head to the pool since the weather is so nice. We will see.

I have to tell you that I think I have turned into an Olympics junkie. I watched quite a bit of it yesterday from track and field, women's marathon (so sorry for Deena Kastor who was the USAs big hope), swimming and the whole Michael Phelp's phenom and that Lezak guy is pretty unheralded but a mighty awesome swimmer in his own right. Hated to see the 41-year-old lady, Dara Torres, not win the gold just because anyone that age competing at that level is incredible. Heck I even watched the USA men's water polo team beat Croatia yesterday but missed the May-Teanor and Walsh match but glad they won.

No comments: