Sunday, August 10, 2008

He Can Fly

Michael Phelps was just purely amazing last night in his 7th gold (at least I think it is his 7th) in the 400 IM. He just seems to fly in the water. I know there are many other athletes and many other stories coming out of Beijing, but I am just amazed at his swimming ability.

The murder tragedy and stabbing out of Beijing is so incredibly sad. I know that does not represent all of the Chinese people and it is a very sad situation. I sure hurt for the families effected.

I fly to New Orleans in a little while to do some training with some good friends in ministry. Pray that training will go well. These men are great ministers and are always an encouragement to me. I am thankful for the opportunity.

When I was running 5 yesterday, I sure did not feel as though I was flying. The last couple of weeks' training have included some longer runs than I have done in over a year and the speed workouts are designed to make you faster and they take their toll as well.

Last night Sondra and I headed over to some friends for a night out on the lake and so enjoyed our time with the Drummonds. They are really great people who we just do not get to be around near enough. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed a good meal at a marina on Old Hickory Lake. I know the place had a name but I am not sure I ever clued in to what it was. We spent about three hours on the lake and just thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.

I am loving the Olympics. I like swimming, soccer (today's USA men's game was disappointing ending in a tie), boxing, handball, and . . . heck, I pretty much like it all. Beach volleyball is pretty exciting too and is the game I enjoyed the most when we were in Athens in '04.

It was a pretty good day at church today as well. We have three more Sundays with our married with no kids class and then we are headed out to begin a new class with a couple targeted at reaching collegiates. Should be great fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

when will you go online?

Mr. E said...

Hey..did you hear that the little girl that we thought was singing the Chinese National Antheme WASN'T. The little girl that sang it was not deemed "cute enough"...and that it wasn't in the nations best interest to have her singing in front of everyone. OH MY?!?!?!?! Give that little girl a complex!!!