Thursday, August 7, 2008

Wisdom

I ask for it every day and according to James, "if anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask and He will give it freely." Granted it is not a magic charm, but I know that I need wisdom. There are many things going on around the Turner's and we are asking for wisdom. I know that God will provide it.

Shelbi got her wisdom teeth cut out today and she is doing fairly miserable but no more than what one would expect. She had one tooth that was pretty tough and it is pretty sore right now but she will make it.

I think my dad may be one of the wisest guys I know. He just seems to be patient and wait on God to show him the next step. I think wisdom and patience must go hand in hand. I seem to be lacking in both of those categories.

I talked to my good buddy Shelby today and he is beginning to get some relief from the pain he has been living with for years. It was good to hear his voice and to know he is doing some better. Thanks for continuing to pray for Sondra's parents.

I question my wisdom this morning in running 13 miles and then heading to work. Actually, it was not all that bad, but it was fairly humid. I was thankful to run 10 of with some of my running buddies. Sure makes the run go better.

Can't wait for the Olympics to start (actually I know they already have) but am ready for the full-on Olympic events. Was disappointed our US women's soccer team got skunked yesterday. Bummer.

No comments: