Monday, August 18, 2008

Firsts

Today Morgan started her junior year at DCA. So, that is her first day of the school year and the first time that she has started school and Shelbi has not been with her for the "first day of school picture" that every mother wants of their children. I am not even sure if Shelbi got out of bed to see her sister off to school. It is also the first day of school for Sondra. She is teaching algebra and pre-algebra for the first 8-9 weeks of school while a teacher is out on maternity leave.

It is the first day of work for me since a couple of good, close friends lost their jobs here where I work. Weird. I really enjoy my job, but more importantly, I really like the folks that I work with and when a couple of them are here no longer, it changes the make up some. Thankfully they are both doing pretty well.

I have to tell you that I am struggling with these subjective point systems that we have in many of the Olympic events. Some of the boxing, gymnastics, and other related sports are just starting to tick me off. Granted I am not an expert in any of those sports, but it sure seems a little suspect when people land on their knees from the vault or in the ring and somehow score higher than others or the one who knocked them down.

I like timed events, score a goal events and other less subjective competitions. Track and field makes sense. I can see who crossed the line first, etc. You get what I mean.

Continue to pray for Sondra's parents. Her dad seems to be doing pretty well, but is experiencing a few side effects. Overall though, he is doing pretty well. We sure appreciate your prayers for them. I am including a picture of Shelbi and Joyce and Bernard from a couple of weeks ago so you can see who you are praying for once again.

No comments: