Saturday, April 28, 2007

Mt. Hood

This is like my sixth or seventh time to be in the Portland area and the first time to see Mt. Hood from the ground. I have flown over it a few times and seen the top, but never from the ground. My wife says it is because she was with me this time. I think she is right. We have enjoyed our time together.

I led a couple of conferences up here, one for adults and one for youth and they both went really well. These folks up here in the NorthWest are very appreciative and always thank me for coming "all the way from Nashville."

We took a drive over to Multnomah Falls and saw some beautiful sights on the way over and on the way back. Mt. Hood was especially beautiful, glistening in the sun and covered with snow. We are headed to catch some dinner and then head back to Nashville early in the morning. It will be good to be home for a few days and then off again.
Also, congrats to a couple of my friends, Raymond and Alex, for completing their first marathon today in Nashville. They both finished the race in pretty good time. A number of other friends completed the 1/2. Congrats to them all.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I am so glad you were able to take some time, just the two of you, and enjoy the Northwest!

And the marathon was crazy - I have never been to anything like that, it was new to me...so many people.

Glad the conferences went well.