Saturday, April 14, 2007

14-miler, Treadmill, and Rain

What a combination. I really despise having to get on the treadmill to do my long runs (short runs too) but today was one of those days. It was really raining when I woke up and was fairly cold with little relief in sight. I loaded up the gear bag and headed to the Y to climb on the treadmill and run. It was very warm inside and I really just do not like the treadmill. I ended up doing 8 on it and then saw where we had about an hour break in the rain, so I headed to the greenway and did 6. It was good to have the discipline to get the run in. One of my buddies up at the Y ended up doing 16 on the treadmill. Disciplined or crazy? You be the judge.
Last night it was off to McGavock High School for their choral program and it was incredible. Our friend, Mitch, is the choral teacher and he always does a great job getting the kids to produce more than they ever thought imaginable. Last night was no exception. It was a great show and Mitch is to be commended once again. He has an incredible way getting students to do their best.

The cold weather is headed our way again and looks like more rain for tonight. We need the rain, but the cold weather is a pain. It will soon be warm for good. I think I am ready.

No comments: