Monday, October 26, 2009

Weekend Report

Actually it was a nice weekend in Middle Tennessee. Once we got past Fri. am where the rain came in torrents at times. It also happened to be the day of my 20-miler getting ready for the Richmond Marathon that runs on Nov. 14. Some of you will know that I decided not to run Detroit and if you are interested in that story see this post.

The run on Fri. was a good mental toughness run and it did not pour the whole time, just about 1/3 of the time with continual rain the other 2/3. Other than a few bad spots rubbed, it was a good training run.

Friday night DCA played FRA on CSS and we got a call from our friends in Florida saying they saw us playing FRA which raised the cool factor quite a bit. Morgan mugged for the tv cameras and it is rumored that she was on quite a bit. DCA won which sets up a big contest in Knoxville this Fri. with us vs. Know-Webb.

Sondra and I enjoyed the weekend together with sleeping in on Sat./Panera for breakfast and then some DCA Lady Cats volleyball mid-afternoon. Unfortunately the Lady Cats came up short and ended their season. Sat. night was football on tv and just hanging out at home.

Sunday was Sondra's birthday and we had agreed not to exchange gifts this year and put that money towards some other things we need for the house. I did get her a card though that was pretty funny it I might say so myself. She enjoyed her day at church and then just hanging around. She also made her own birthday cake (I offered to get her one) and it was an amazing carrot cake.

I taught the parents of teenagers's s.s. class at church and then did a parenting conference for Oak Valley Church in Franklin. What a great bunch of parents who encouraged me and I just hope I was able to do the same for them.

Busy week ahead. Already started out extremely busy and Morgan begins her basketball season today too. The week off they had from soccer to basketball is feeling really short for her now.

No comments: