Saturday, October 10, 2009

Overwhelmed?

Do you ever get to that point where it just seems completely overwhelming? I know many times it is because I am over extended in commitments or maybe just poor time management on my part. I find myself wondering just how much I really need to be involved in. At times I get consumed by others expectations of all that I "should" be doing and striking a healthy balance in lifestyle seems elusive.

I really do not feel that kind of tension right now however. I am thankful for my job (completing 17 years at LifeWay at the end of this month)and am very blessed with an incredible wife and two amazing daughters. I am fairly healthy (cholesterol is not the best but manageable)and can still run and get out and do most things I want to do. My mind is pretty alert most of the time (late night is not the best thinking time for me) and for the most part, I have not made to many enemies.

The overwhelming part for me is just how much God loves me. I know that I do not deserve anything I have by my own merit. I know that I did not get to choose to be born in America to middle class, God-fearing parents, be reared in a solid, Christian home, but have been blessed by all these things.

Why would God send His Son to ransom me? I have to say that He is in love with me as unlovely as I can be sometimes. That is the overwhelming part to me. An eternal God chooses to sacrifice His only Son so that I can continue to use Him for my own purposes and glory at times. "Oh how He loves you and me" never grows old to me. I long to be completely His. I want to live in the moment, every moment for Him. I want to let "my lifesong sing to You" and pray that I will bring You glory and honor, not because I think You will love me more, but because I love You.

Keep me overwhelmed by You, Lord.

No comments: