Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I Think I Am Addicted

The last 9 days have been up and down for me. Morgan's team qualified for the state soccer playoffs and hosted Knox Webb on Sat. You know that I chose not to run Detroit on Sunday since it would mean I would have to miss the game on Saturday.

The DCA Lady Wildcats soccer team played one of the best games I have seen them play and fell to the visiting team 1-0. It was a very good game and Morgan played especially well. It was sad for her and us for the team to lose but it was good that she went out leaving all of her best game on the field. Tears were shed but a late lunch/early dinner at Big Bad Wolf helped ease some of the sting.

Having done marathon training the past 16 weeks, it was really weird not to run this Sun. and I began to try and find a race I could run that was not to far away or too far away from the race date I had been training for. A search revealed that Richmond and San Antonio ran on a weekend that I did not have an obligation so then it became trying to figure out which I could get to most inexpensively. Richmond won out and a friend even offered their guest room so lodging was inexpensive.

I bit the bullet today and booked an award flight ticket and registered for the marathon. All that means that I will do a 20-miler this weekend and pick up the last three weeks of training/tapering again. We will see if that works.

I am addicted to running evidently. I like setting goals and then having the opportunity to meet them.

Shelbi made it home on Sunday and we enjoyed a wonderful time and meal Sun. night at Carrabba's. We were celebrating Sondra's birthday a week early since Shelbi will not be back home this weekend. Morgan is enjoying her week off from any practice and basketball begins for her on Monday. 10/26. Pretty short in-between season for sure.

We are enjoying no rain and warmer, sunnier weather this week after a very cold, and wet few days last week. For a few days it felt like we were just skipping Fall and going straight to Winter. The leaves are beginning to change too. Should be pretty here in another week or so.

No comments: