Friday, October 2, 2009

HomeComing

The past two weeks have been a whirlwind. We had our LifeWay National Youth Worker's Conference which went great and here is an article to recap it if you are interested. It was a great event.

Last week I headed to CA for the Youth Specialties Convention and we enjoyed our time in LA but the attendance and traffic through the exhibits was much less than desired. It was good to reconnect with some ministry friends and some of the leadership of YS. I have to tell you that I am a huge fan of Mark Matlock and his role in changing the tone and culture of their events. He is a great guy and I am thankful for his leadership at YS.

While in LA I caught that 48-hour bug that seems to be going around and missed the trip to the Santa Monica Pier (which is celebrating 100 years) but I have been there before. Missed hanging out with the team though. We did manage to catch a taping of Leno and a some of the team went to the taping of Conan the day he crashed on the set and got a concussion. There were a couple of movie star sightings and we got up close and personal with Bruce Willis at his World Premiere of Surrogates. I had a new phone and did not know how to operate the camera properly and he said hello and I clicked and turned the camera off. Oh well, just proves I would not make it in the paparrazi.

Morgan has had two soccer games this week and have gone 1-1. Sondra's mom flew in on Weds and will be with us until next Weds. I have to say that it is wonderful having her here with us. What a godly woman! and I think I love her more since I lost my mom almost two years ago. I think I really just cherish having her around more. I already loved her a ton.

Tonight is Homecoming at DCA and Morgan has been chosen as one of the Sr. attendants. I will be donning my tux that still fits after 12 years (thank you very much) and she has a beautiful white dress that she will be wearing. No worries, I know my place. I am filler, she is the main attraction. My job is to not embarrass her. We will see how well I do. I think Morgan is more excited about tonight than the picture shows above though.

Shelbi comes home tonight with her friend Anna. Sweet girl that we are thankful Shelbi gets to be around. I think they are good for one another.

The Detroit Marathon is a little over two weeks away. I did my last 20-miler a little over a week ago and am in taper mode. I feel less prepared for this marathon than any I have attempted but if I can get a "same day finish" I will be successful.

No comments: