Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Sometimes Plans Change

Back in June I made a decision to start training for the Detroit FreePress Marathon. I had planned to run it last year too but some Sondra's dad passed away and I needed to be in MO rather than MI so I ran KC Marathon instead of Detroit. I ran a Boston qualifier there so I was pleased.

This was going to be the year to run Detroit. I wanted to run in a different state and it also crosses over in to Canada and back so an international marathon would be in the books too. I began training and it all went fairly well. Not the best training but good enough to finish respectfully.

Tapering started three weeks ago and then on Sunday I found out that Morgan's soccer team, DCA Lady Wildcats, had made the playoffs and that their season would be extended at least through this Sat. I am choosing not to miss Morgan's games. With her being a sr. and no "next year" for her, I will not be going to Detroit this weekend to run. I cannot work out travel and packet pick-up on Sat.

There will be other marathons to run, but this could possibly be Morgan's last soccer game of her high school career. This is an easy decision for me.

No comments: