Monday, May 26, 2008

Quick Update

My last blog entry mentioned Michael Y. playing tennis on Thursday and defending his state championship title and he lost in the quarters. I thought he played pretty well (he said he did not), but the kid he played was like a buzz saw. He eventually won the state championship on Friday. Michael had a good season and as I told him, "We are proud of you for who you are, not what you do." I am not sure he totally believes that but it is true just the same.

I flew to KC on Friday and went up to mom's graveside to see the headstone that dad had placed in March. It is really nice and was good to be there. It was not hard to be there at all. I miss my mom, but do know that she is not in that piece of ground in Gallatin, MO.

Shelbi had gone home with my dad the Monday after graduation so she and dad and my nephew Jimmy met me at Jose Pepper's (or something like that) for dinner. It was good to see Jimmy. He served in the army and is injured and unable to get clearance to work because of some back issues. It is a great ongoing saga that we would appreciate your prayers on to be worked out.

On Saturday, I did a 5 miler in the rain, got to see my brother and some cousins and had a great time and then on Saturday fternoon and Sunday, Shelbi and I volunteered at Paradise 08. You can check the link for the latest on that. It was a great experience and one we were glad to be a part of.

We made it home today after flying in and around a couple of storms. Glad to be home. And . . . a huge thank you and honor to those who have served our country in the past and are in harm's way today. Happy Memorial Day.

No comments: