Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Out of the Car, Long Hair

I forgot to mention that on Saturday night while Shelbi and I were volunteering at the Paradise 08 event, I got pulled over. Evidently I failed to come to a complete stop at a stop sign in Linn Ville, KS. I handed the officer my license and registration and 10 minutes later he came back and handed me both items back and told us to have a safe night. Must have been a slow night in small town Kansas.

We went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie last night and I give it a C, maybe a C-. It was fairly good up until the last 20 minutes or so and the ending was okay, but overall just really average. Harrison Ford was decent but is really showing his age. Thanks to the Gibb's family for the gift card to Regal Cinemas. We enjoyed the time out as a family.

Sondra's dad heads back to the dr. today to determine when they will start the next round of chemo. And, today I had lunch with my usual lunch bunch and then a good friend who used to work with us. Larry Mizell is like a breath of fresh air. He reminds me so much of Floyd from the Andy Griffith Show and at 69 is finally getting some gray hair. He is a good friend and a great guy and is a faithful reader of this blog so Larry . . . consider this a shout out to you Son.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

getting pulled over, huh? haha...

i have heard the same sort of reviews from most people on the new indiana jones movie. i still want to see it, but that would mean actually watching the previous three first.

praying for the fam!

good to see you lastnight. you know, as i reflected back on the conversation, it sure was a heavy one...anyways, next week we will wrap that up ;]

justin

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us with us. I haven't had a chance to speak with you since Kelsey quit basketball. That would be an interesting conversation by itself. I will be updating more on my site in the next few days.

Still got your family in our prayers. Hope to see you soon. Is Morgan still playing soccer? Maybe we can catch up then.

Bye for now.