Friday, May 2, 2008

Hawaii Update

Yesterday I did a 5-miler and then we headed to Wally World to buy snorkeling stuff and then headed to the North Shore. Big fun! Watched a few surfers at Sunset Beach, snorkeled in Shark Cove and swam with turtles and other assorted fish. Did a little cliff jumping (big step for me) and ate some good cajun grilled some kind of fish. Last night I met with some of the SS workers at Mililani Church and had a great time. They had used a book I helped write and were very appreciative of our work. Very humbling to say the least. Also had a great Thai meal last night before the meeting.

Today I did another 5-miler and then we had a pre-conference meeting and lunch and are headed to little Hawaiian May Day celebration. Teach later tonight and tomorrow and then board a plane for home. Ready to get there.

No comments: