Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh, Boy

Do you ever have things that come into your life that just make you say, "Oh, boy!?" I love those moments and most of the time they come more often than I really clue into. I am looking intentionally to see these instances more often in the everyday doing of things.

My wife and I spent a great time together last night doing some window shopping, massage chair sitting at Sharper Image and good eating at Carrabba's. I was looking across the table at her and thinking "Oh, boy!" the whole time. I still cannot believe that God in His goodness and grace allowed me to be her husband. And . . . that she got the short end of the stick. Grace on one part can sure be a drag on the other. My thoughts, not hers.

I look at our two daughters and think "Oh,, boy!" They are the best. Shelbi will graduate this Saturday and turn a huge page to the next chapter in her life. I know we will still be very involved in her life but I cannot wait to see what all she becomes. I know that God has incredible things in store for her. Makes me say, "Oh, boy!" Morgan is just a hoot and keeps us cracked up most of the time. Every day with her around is an adventure in laughter and fun. You just never know what she is going to come out with, but you know it is going to be good and most of the time very funny.

I am one incredibly blessed guy for sure. Surrounded at home by three lovely ladies (and one crazy dog) makes me say "Oh, boy!" I am glad that I do not get what I deserve.

No comments: