Thursday, February 21, 2008

Quick Update

  • I am in New Mexico on retreat and doing some training.
  • Our varsity girls won last night and play Fri. night in the first round of district. If they win, they move on and if they lose, it will be Shelbi's last game of her career.
  • It is late and I need to get some sleep.
  • Sondra's dad has decided to not do chemo for a couple of months and see how it goes. His levels have not changed since Dec. The oral chemo made him very sick.
  • Pray for a good friend's son, Stephen Elkins. He is 16 and is being tested next week for possible lymphoma. His dad, Steve, is a good friend and like a brother to me.
  • Hug your family and let them know how much you love them. It is good for you and them both.

3 comments:

Steve Elkins said...

Thanks for the conversation last night buddy - you mean the world to me! Be sure and give your family a big hug for me!

Randy Queen said...

I know this is trivial, but the girls are playing in the first round of the Regional tournament. :-)

We will definitely add Sondra's dad and your friend's son to our prayer list.

I haven't got to talk to you much recently at the games. Hope everything is going well for you and you got some sleep. Hopefully I will see you Friday night in Jamestown. I would love for the girls to pull off a big upset. Have a good day.

Randy Queen

pturner63 said...

Good catch Randy. I wrote that stuff too late at night.