Saturday, February 23, 2008

Basketball Season Closes

Shelbi played her final high school game last night and she played really well, but as a team they went down pretty hard in the second half. It was really bittersweet, but I have to tell you, I am one proud dad. Shel came out of the locker room after the game and we cried a little, but I have to tell you, I realized anew just how blessed we are as a family.

I thanked coaches, parents and players for they way they have invested in our daughters and they way they have blessed us. What a huge blessing for us to be a part of Donelson Christian Academy. In fact, as I write this, I am in a strategic planning meeting for DCA and it has been long and grueling, but very beneficial for this institution to move forward.

Continue to pray for Sondra's parents. We are in the waiting stage on Bernard's cancer treatment but he seems to be doing well.

We are headed to Baxter tonight to watch our guys play and hopefully pull off an upset. All next week we host the region tournament and I will be on the microphone again and am trying to get my homework done on the rosters of those coming here to play.

By the way, I made it home from New Mexico safely yesterday and in time to climb into the car and drive two hours plus to watch our girls play and then drive home. Good to be home for a few days.

No comments: