Saturday, February 16, 2008

Catching Up

I am writing again today and thought I would be finished by now but that is not the case. It is going well, just can be harder at sometimes than others.

Our guys varsity played last night and were down by 14 at one time and came back and won by 3. It was a play in game for them in district, but it was a very good win. They played hard and the fourth quarter was really exciting. I sat on the floor and Sondra was concerned that I would holler too much at the refs, but I told her I would not and I did not. One of the refs, Ron, is a friend and during time outs we would chat some. I joked with him quite a bit and told him not to swallow his whistle in the last 30 seconds of the game and he said he would not. He called an offensive foul on Greenbrier with 3.5 seconds to go. Pretty gutsy call, but the right one. We exchanged a big smile across the floor after the game.

Our girls play at 4 today and the guys play at 530. Should be fun. I need to write some more. Will report on the games tomorrow.

No comments: