Saturday, February 9, 2008

Saturday

I have not posted since Wednesday because it has been pretty crazy busy around here. Thursday was a long, busy day and one of those days where you work and work and then evaluate what you have done and feel pretty good at the end of the day.

It started early with my dad and brother leaving for MO and what a great time we had with them while they were here. My dad seems to be doing pretty good although I know he must get lonely. I realized just how much I have missed him the last 6 weeks or so. We had seen each other so much during mom's illness and death and then not seeing him or my brother for awhile was rougher than I thought. It was big fun with them being here though.

Thursday night was a Lost night and I did quite a bit of work on the computer as well trying to get caught up on some work. Friday was busy starting out with an exec. comm. mtg. for DCA at 7a and then much to do at work. I did enjoy a good lunch with Scott Mills our marketing guy. He is a good friend and just a fun person to be around. He had been in Naples, FL for a marketing conference in the week and was readjusting to the little cooler weather here in Nashville.

It was Sr. night last night at DCA and we were playing Greenbrier. Coach Schierling always invites the parents of seniors to join in for devotion for the game and he did a great job. The seniors also sign the senior board in the locker room and it is quite a ritual. Not too many tears were shed. I just sat there and realized again just how blessed we are as a family. For our girls to be a part of DCA and the team and to be influenced by the coaches and teachers who love them is a huge blessing.

The girls' team won last night and the guys lost. Our girls go into the district tournament as the #2 seed and will play a week from today. Our guys play next Fri. night.

No comments: