Sunday, July 8, 2007

Mom and dad arrived on Friday afternoon along with my aunt and then a couple of hours behind them came my cousin and her family. We all sat around and laughed about their driving adventure here and then my aunt, cousin and her family headed on down to Smithville for the National Fiddlers's Jamboree. Mom and dad stayed here and we grilled some steak and chicken. It was good eating.

Saturday my parents and I headed to Smithville for a family reunion and Sondra and the girls headed to driver's ed., work, and then a wedding. They were missed at the family reunion. Quite a few folks showed up for the reunion that was held at my second cousin's mansion (it's only 10,000 square feet) and we ended up with about 40 people there. We had a great time seeing everyone and it was good to catch up with them.

Today was church and then the girls were off to camp in FL for the week. They are attending FUGE down there and this is their 3 week in FL in the last 5 weeks or so. They were really looking forward to going.

I completed a 20-miler on Friday (last one before the San Francisco Marathon). It was hot, humid, but overall it went pretty well. Did 5 miles before church this morning and will hit 5 tomorrow morning.

No comments: