Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Simple is Nice

I had the privilege of making a couple of visits for my church last night. My pastor, Raymond, who is just a great guy and a fellow runner, visited a couple who have been attending New Hope Church. To say the least, they have been going through a very difficult time in their lives. We sat and listened and I learned. I learned the importance of simply listening. I sometimes try to make this thing called the Christian life so very difficult. It is important to do all the He directs you to do, but it is very important to listen first.

I rarely blog about my faith on this site, not because I am ashamed, but it is not really the intention of this blog. But my faith is definitely who I am. It is not something that I do, it is my core. And, being is important. I get caught up in the doing and get lost sometimes in why I am doing it. Last night's experience of just listening reminded me again that simple is nice. It is not dumb or lazy, it is just what it is.

Earlier yesterday, it was back into the swing of work which was good but getting up at 430a again was not the greatest fun. Running 5 and then heading to work and then picking up our youngest and two of her friends after their driver's training class and then heading home and then out last night made for a full day after a week of vacation. I wasted no time going to sleep once my head hit the pillow.

I am going to keep it simple. Simple is nice.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

simple is nice. great post, glad you had a good visit.