Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hot in California

Duh! You say, of course it is hot in California. I landed at LAX yesterday about noon-thirty and it was 73 degrees. 60 miles and 2 hours later I was in 99 degrees Riverside. Hot but dry.

I taught a group of adults this morning who were really engaged. I am always thankful to be able to share with people things that will encourage them and cause them to stay in this thing we call student ministry. What a great privilege I have to encourage and offer hope that they are making a difference in the lives of students.

I speak again in the morning and then head back to LA and then to San Francisco on Friday morning for a couple of meetings and then the marathon on Sunday. Calling for sunny skies and low 50s and high low 60s. Hilly of course but looks like the weather will cooperate. I ran tonight and did some speed work for four miles to just get the legs to turn over a little bit. Felt good to run a little and get the sweat running.

I miss my family and find it hard to believe that the girls start back two weeks from today. Is the summer really almost over? Crazy and it is the start of Shelbi's senior year. It will go quickly. Not sad, but comes all too quickly if you ask me. Wasn't it just last week I was flying home from youth camp in Panama City Beach to make it before she was born? Been quick man.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul. You made me smile and be sad all at the same time with your last statement.

You are really blessed to have such great girls, though. That's for sure.

Have a great run in San Fran!