Friday, July 27, 2007

It's Just Weird, Man

I am in LA this morning staying just a couple of miles from LAX and am headed to San Francisco today. I turned on the tv and the news is covered up with news of Nicole Richie headed to court today. Of course the Lindsay Lohan thing has been the news the past couple of days, but Nicole is evidently pregnant and now possibly headed to jail for driving the wrong way on the freeway and telling the cops that she had been taking some kind of drugs and drinking.

I am not sure why people thing this is such incredible news, but they do. So many people hurting in the world, people needing food and shelter, and the weird stuff gets the publicity.

Thinking about running another marathon in two days is sort of weird too. Training this summer with all the travel and the heat has been a challenge, but the weather is supposed to be pretty good in San Francisco on Sunday. I am ready to get the race run and then head back home. Looking forward to getting home, kissing my wife and daughters, and sleeping in my own bed.

I will try to report on the race late Sunday or some time on Monday.

No comments: