Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Slow to Blog

I just noticed that I have not blogged since Saturday. Since that time, I have run a 20-miler that went pretty well; enjoyed some down time on Sunday afternoon; hung out at the pool on Memorial Day and enjoyed grilling chicken and ribs; run a 10-miler and played 27 holes of golf. The shoulder is doing well which is really good news.

Yesterday my dad called to let me know that my mom is not doing very well and they are going to run some CT scans on her abdomen. Mom was diagnosed with an aggresive form of breast cancer about 14 months ago, has undergone chemo and radiation and has been experiencing significant weight loss and fatigue the last three months or so. We will know more after tests later this week, but pray for my mom Frances as she comes to your mind. I am very thankful for her but know that she is not well.

And . . . we need rain in middle Tennessee. The drought conditions are getting worse and in a dangerous zone. Fear of fires is high.

No comments: