Thursday, May 24, 2007

Doing a Good Job

I am one of those guys who learned early on that if I was going to be involved in anything, I needed to make sure that I was committed to doing a good job. Now, to be honest, in most things I have done a good job, but I have missed it a few times.

I admire people who bring a high level of commitment to anything they are involved in. People like my parents, my in-laws, some co-workers I have had, but I especially want to mention two people who are setting the pace for the mid-2os pack of the demographic.

Our youth minister, Justin Heap, and his wife, Trisha, are two people who are committed to excellence and are doing a good job in influencing lives. Justin and Trisha have been at our church for almost three years now and the influence they have had on our students and their parents is invaluable. Justin especially has taught me how to stay grounded and to be willing to change methods to teach truth. I have included their picture that they probably had taken in Mexico or somewhere fun while on vacation. He also deserves credit for the photo of me in the suit on my last post.

Thanks to Justin and Trisha for investing in the lives of our students and the lives of us parents who are willing to take assistance from anyone who desires to see our kids become more like Christ.

And . . . I know that Justin will read this because he is one of the three or so of you who read this blog faithfully. Thanks again Justin for all that you do.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Paul...thanks. Sincerely.

"One of the three or so..." Haha...My blog is the same way! I think we're basically reading each other's. Ha.

See you Sunday (?).