Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Headed Home

I will be glad to board the plane tonight and head home to Tennessee. The trip to Hawaii has been very productive and I had some great meetings. It is refreshing to meet people who do ministry out of a love for people and a sense of calling. I had lunch with 6 youth guys yesterday who all have a heart for doing good ministry. They each minister in a very different situation to different cultures and they love doing it. We even let a Calvary Chapel guy in who is a great guy.

Shelbi and I head to Union on Friday for a college visit and I have a couple of meetings while I am there for work so it is good to be able to kill multiple birds with one trip. Looking forward to being home. It has been good but being out here without my family is not my idea of a vacation but it is a good working trip with some wonderful scenery.

The installation service on Sunday for my buddy David Crim went great. It was quite an honor to be a part of that service for him. He is pastoring Lana'i Baptist Church and is the church's first full-time pastor in her history. I think the church was started in the late 40s. David and Cindy are excited and the church is very excited as well.

If you caught the finale of the Amazing Race on Sunday night you saw Lana'i. The teams did a feat that involved going out to a buoy by a shipwreck out off the coast. David and I did a short hike on Monday and made it to Shipwreck Beach. Kinda cool.

Hope to write more on Fri./Sat. I have kept my running up and have hit all of my plans in the running schedule. It is very easy to run hills in Hawai'i and I ran up to Diamond Head the last couple of days and along Waikiki Beach. It is time to go home.

No comments: