Monday, May 14, 2007

Nice to Be Home

I arrived back in TN on Thurs. afternoon and then Shelbi and I headed to Union for a college visit and for a couple of contacts that I needed to make for work. It all went well but it was good to get home Fri. afternoon to stay for awhile.

Sondra and I celebrated our 22nd anniversary Friday night by going to Sakura and eating some good Japanese food and then headed home to watch a movie. It was nice relaxing night. Saturday was different since I woke up with some incredible dizziness (must have been from sinus and all the flying) so I just laid around most of the day and did get an 8 miler in late in the afternoon and then Sondra and I headed to see Spiderman 3. Mediocre at best. The special effects were good, but the story line dragged too much for me. Sunday morning I got up and ran 10 (trying to trick my body that I ran 18 in less than 24 hours) and then headed to church and enjoyed being there after being away for two weeks.

I think Sondra had a good Mother's Day. I had gotten her an iPod Shuffle for our anniversary so Morgan got her an iTunes card and Shelbi got her a nice candle. We ate at Calypso and had Lucayan salads so she was happy. She loves those salads.

Ran 5 this morning and settled into the office to get caught up on some stuff here. It will be a busy few weeks. Glad to be home.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well it's good to have you back, brother! And, Happy Anniversary! That's so cool. I hope Shelbi's Union trip was good...I continue to pray for her plans.

As for your running business, you would be sad to know that I have given up on the running - but am seriously considering purchasing a road bike and getting back into that ;-)

God bless.