Sunday, May 20, 2007

Busy Weekend

It is a beautiful afternoon in middle Tennessee and almost the end of a good weekend. Friday night was spent with Sondra and the girls at Panera and then over to a graduation party for a girl we have known since we moved here. She and her family are good friends and it was nice to celebrate with her. They offered some of the best chocolate covered strawberries I have ever had. They were wonderful.
Saturday morning began with a 10-miler and then off to speak at DCA's graduation. What an honor to celebrate with the class of 2007. I gave them a short challenge from Scripture and then got to greet each of them as they received their diplomas.

This morning was spent at Victory where I have been helping out on Sunday and Wednesday nights. Chuck Groover, their pastor, was away with family celebrating the graduation of their daughter from Union University and invited me to preach for him. I believe his job is safe and I was no threat whatsoever. I was honored to be asked to preach.

No comments: