Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Good to Be Home

I arrived back in the US on Sunday am about 1030, made it through customs and immigration and headed to the gate and the plane that would take me home. Made it there in time to realize my flight was delayed by almost three hours. Just what you want at the end of a long journey. I did make it home about 430p on Sunday. So nice to be home. Got to see Shelbi for about 5 min. and to give her the Lacoste shirt I bought for her. Got one for Morgan too and to say that they were inexpensive is somewhat of an understatement. I also purchased a Louis Vittoun purse for my wife. They thought I was wonderful and actually I was just cheap.

The whole trip to Malaysia was very successful. We used a very interactive style of learning that was received very well by the attendees and I always learn alot too. The hosts in Malaysia were all wonderful and I have gained friends for life.

Monday was a good day w/ an all morning meeting and then I headed home for a 2 hour nap and then worked in the yard for about three hours. Mowed, trimmed and blew stuff everywhere. Enjoyed being at home with Sondra watching 24. Morgan left yesterday morning on her first international trip. She is with 9 other people from DCA doing missions in Honduras. She was so excited and we are excited for her. They arrived safely yesterday and we have not heard anything sense. No news is good news.

Today was an all day meeting at work and I did pretty well until about 1p but then got it back together. Ran a 10-miler this morning too. Good stuff. Enjoyed a good meal with Sondra and our friends Mitch and Christy tonight. So good to be home and just hanging out with Sondra. What a great wife and person. I am blessed for sure.

My March Madness bracket is pretty crazy. I have UConn and NC still left with NC winning it all. We will see.

1 comment:

bblount said...

Our OU Sooners tried to knock off UNC...to no avail....should be a good final four. Did you get to see any of the games while your were gone? You're right....March Madness is one of the best times of year. I actually came close to taking the kids to OKC to see the Lady Sooners last night. It would of been alot of fun, but time got away from us...Katie played basketball this year...I'd like her to get some inspiration.
Glad to catch up with all your comings and goings on the blog. Talk to you guys soon.BB