Friday, March 27, 2009

Going Home Day

This has been a great trip so far and now I find myself counting down the hours until I climb on board Korean airlines and begin my trip home. Since Weds. it has been pretty fast and furious. I had multiple meetings on Thursday beginning at 10a meeting with the National Evangelical Council which is a group that represents non-Muslim religious groups to the Muslim gov't. officials. Sort of like a lobbying group that tries to keep the gov't. in check for not imposing legislation that restricts non-Muslim groups. These guys have a great challenge but huge hearts to accomplish the task.

Met with Pastor Tan who is the pastor at FBC, KL and found him to be amazing. He retired as a professor of microbiology to pastor. To say that he is pretty smart is a pretty large understatement.

Yesterday's training on Friday was a great time of many of us crammed into a small room. Most conferences/training sessions are pretty presenter driven so the interactive style that we used was somewhat different from the norm, but it went very well and allowed attendees to be presented with info. and then interact with one another. They loved it and I think more learning took place using this style here. We use it quite a bit normally in the training that I do, but it was pretty new to most of the 100+ folks yesterday.

We have another all day training today beginning at 9 and going to 5 and there are 60+ pre-registered and actually it was an overflow from yesterday's crowd since the room seats about 80 comfortably and the response was greater than they had anticipated.

Thank you for praying for me and this trip and I ask you to pray for the Malaysian Christ-followers as they continue to reach Malaysia for Christ. I have been so encouraged to be a part of training and encouraging them. So thankful that God has allowed me to be a part of this particular experience in the Kingdom.

No comments: