Thursday, March 5, 2009

Caleefornyah

Say it like Arrnhald and you will know I am in California. Got here yesterday afternoon after a long flight from Orlando via Dallas. I am out here with a team of folks from LifeWay and we are leading conferences for the Bay Area Sunday School conference. This used to be one of the largest conferences of its' kind, but I think all of them have shrunk over the years. I will be leading a couple of conferences on student ministry. I have presented at this conference before but it has been a few years ago now.

Spent a good part of today writing and preparing for the speaking I have coming up in the next month. Lots of stuff going on and it was nice to just spend some time focused on writing.

Missing my family for sure but we skyped tonight and it is always good to not only talk, but to see one another too. Hope to get a 5-miler in the morning and then hopefully at 10-miler on Sat. over in San Francisco on the wharf and Crissy Field and the GG Bridge. One of my favorite runs that I try to do if I get anywhere close.

Watched the Vols beat the Gamecocks earlier and yesterday's games were just amazing with wins by NC, Mizzou, and the KU loss to Texas Tech. Crazy. Love this time of year and all the college basketball going on.

No comments: