Monday, March 23, 2009

Malaysia

What a great first couple of days in Malaysia. I arrived very late Sat. night, early Sun. am and enjoyed some pretty good sleep. It was interesting that on the flight from Seoul to Kuala Lumpur I sat beside a Malaysian that had lived in Madison, TN for 5 years. He was a great guy and helped me get a cab from the airport to my hotel.

Sunday I woke up and got out for a 5-mile run and sort of turned/tweaked my ankle but seems to be doing okay now. Spent most of the day reading and studying and got out for some lunch. Staying next to a mall that was hosting a cheerleading competition so saw a little of that. Grabbed a burger at Bubba Gump's (was not sure what else to trust here) and then met Larry Lee and Edward who are my hosts from Canaanland. We drove to Ipoh (about 2.5 hours north) and checked into the hotel. Met with Elijah, his wife Angela and child Michael for dinner at a very good chinese restaurant. Good night's sleep last night and then an all day conference with 26 today. It went really well.

Tomorrow is pretty much a free day so to speak but I will be working on budget for work (big joy) and preparing some other presentations that I have been thinking and praying through. I hope to get out and see some of the sights around town. It is pretty weird to be heading to bed when most of the folks back home are still in their morning. 13 hour time difference. Here is a link to a video I did early Sun. if you are interested.

No comments: